Making fishy faces: I'm getting pretty good at it.

Copy Cat: Folding arms like Daddy; sitting outside at our little playground.

Taking a break from looking for Easter eggs.
We did a little hunt in our friends' back yard.

Enjoying the first corn of the season. We've had it at several meals now. One night I ate one and a half full ears of corn, and still wanted more. Mommy says I'm pretty good at cleaning it off the cob and I love to hold the handles.

We saw Auntie L when she was out here on a business trip. We had a yummy breakfast with her at her hotel, then wandered around the hotel - inside and outside.

We drove out to the Joint Services Open House -- an annual air show that's held out at Andrews Air Force Base (where they keep the President's plane, Air Force 1). Mommy got me a hat and some glasses before we went; there's lots of sunshine out on the tarmac! I loved seeing all the airplanes, and even got to climb through a helicopter with Daddy. We went with several of our good friends; Chanceman took lots of great shots of the performances.

Daddy came in one morning to get me out of bed. He knew I was awake, but I wasn't making a lot of noise: I was too busy trying to swaddle and rock my baby!

[Ed. She's turning her head and has a huge smile on her face because Mommy just walked in the room.]
One of the things Mommy and Daddy like to do since they moved out here is to watch/listen to the National Memorial Day Concert on the lawn of the Capitol building. We went on Saturday night for the full dress rehearsal; it's broadcast live on PBS the Sunday before Memorial Day. Here's me running around with my treat cup, enjoying some popcorn.

During the concert.

All of us at the end of the concert

[Ed. Guess I needed to fix her creepy red-eye...]
This was at church the other day. I saw someone's car seat by the coat rack, and tried really hard to buckle it up.

"My" pool opened Memorial Day weekend; here's me and Mommy taking a dip. I likes to stand up and walk around in the pool. Sometimes I try to sit down like Mommy, but there's a only a few spots along one edge where its shallow enough for me to do that.

Today at church, I wore a pretty pastel dress. Daddy and I spend a lot of time in the gym during Sunday School; here I am standing at the door and knocking, waiting for Daddy to open it and let me start another lap around the building.

I loves olives and like to eat them off my fingers; I even had some on my pizza recently. I decided to put my pizza on my finger, too.

For "family day" as part of Mommy's and Daddy's anniversary, they took me to a park down the road. The park has some beautiful gardens (there was a wedding going on while we were there), and it also has a conservatory with a "butterfly garden." I love butterflies, and had fun walking around with all of them. (Mommy was working on not being too afraid...)
This butterfly stayed right there on the ground for most of the time we were there. I did a very good job of looking but not touching ("eyes").

Looking at the butterflies on the flowers;
you can see a few in the plants next to me.

An example of one of the types of butterflies that we saw there.

Another blue one with this other one that had bright red and yellow underneath.

[Watch Butterfly Garden on YouTube]
The gardens had a children's play area.
I climbed up a short ladder into this little tree house.

Checking out one of the plants along the path in the park, by the aquatic displays -- feeling a big leaf.

Every once in a while as we walked through the gardens, I'd turn around and give Mommy and Daddy a big smile.

[Watch Exploring the Garden on YouTube]
At the neighboring park (there are 4 large parks that cover many acres), there was a little choo-choo train that we took a ride on through the woods and around that park. I was getting a little tired by this point in the afternoon.

[Watch Train Ride, on YouTube]
But I had fun going for a ride!


Copy Cat: Folding arms like Daddy; sitting outside at our little playground.

Taking a break from looking for Easter eggs.
We did a little hunt in our friends' back yard.

Enjoying the first corn of the season. We've had it at several meals now. One night I ate one and a half full ears of corn, and still wanted more. Mommy says I'm pretty good at cleaning it off the cob and I love to hold the handles.

We saw Auntie L when she was out here on a business trip. We had a yummy breakfast with her at her hotel, then wandered around the hotel - inside and outside.

We drove out to the Joint Services Open House -- an annual air show that's held out at Andrews Air Force Base (where they keep the President's plane, Air Force 1). Mommy got me a hat and some glasses before we went; there's lots of sunshine out on the tarmac! I loved seeing all the airplanes, and even got to climb through a helicopter with Daddy. We went with several of our good friends; Chanceman took lots of great shots of the performances.

Daddy came in one morning to get me out of bed. He knew I was awake, but I wasn't making a lot of noise: I was too busy trying to swaddle and rock my baby!

[Ed. She's turning her head and has a huge smile on her face because Mommy just walked in the room.]
One of the things Mommy and Daddy like to do since they moved out here is to watch/listen to the National Memorial Day Concert on the lawn of the Capitol building. We went on Saturday night for the full dress rehearsal; it's broadcast live on PBS the Sunday before Memorial Day. Here's me running around with my treat cup, enjoying some popcorn.

During the concert.

All of us at the end of the concert

[Ed. Guess I needed to fix her creepy red-eye...]
This was at church the other day. I saw someone's car seat by the coat rack, and tried really hard to buckle it up.

"My" pool opened Memorial Day weekend; here's me and Mommy taking a dip. I likes to stand up and walk around in the pool. Sometimes I try to sit down like Mommy, but there's a only a few spots along one edge where its shallow enough for me to do that.

Today at church, I wore a pretty pastel dress. Daddy and I spend a lot of time in the gym during Sunday School; here I am standing at the door and knocking, waiting for Daddy to open it and let me start another lap around the building.

I loves olives and like to eat them off my fingers; I even had some on my pizza recently. I decided to put my pizza on my finger, too.

For "family day" as part of Mommy's and Daddy's anniversary, they took me to a park down the road. The park has some beautiful gardens (there was a wedding going on while we were there), and it also has a conservatory with a "butterfly garden." I love butterflies, and had fun walking around with all of them. (Mommy was working on not being too afraid...)
This butterfly stayed right there on the ground for most of the time we were there. I did a very good job of looking but not touching ("eyes").

Looking at the butterflies on the flowers;
you can see a few in the plants next to me.

An example of one of the types of butterflies that we saw there.

Another blue one with this other one that had bright red and yellow underneath.

[Watch Butterfly Garden on YouTube]
The gardens had a children's play area.
I climbed up a short ladder into this little tree house.

Checking out one of the plants along the path in the park, by the aquatic displays -- feeling a big leaf.

Every once in a while as we walked through the gardens, I'd turn around and give Mommy and Daddy a big smile.

[Watch Exploring the Garden on YouTube]
At the neighboring park (there are 4 large parks that cover many acres), there was a little choo-choo train that we took a ride on through the woods and around that park. I was getting a little tired by this point in the afternoon.

[Watch Train Ride, on YouTube]
But I had fun going for a ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment